Monday, April 12, 2010

Car Seat Cover


So I am not a crafty person....at all. So this is why I am so proud of my car seat cover. I saw these super cheap car seat covers at the mall for $50 and thought, there is no way I am going to pay that much. So I did a little research and with the help of Brandon's cousin, Charlyn, found a tutorial on how to make them. It was even iditiot prooof because it showed pictures. And the best part, all of the material only cost $12. I am still going to put cute little fabric flower on the two velcro pieces, I just need to get a few more items before I tackle that part. I am not goin go to lie, I did have this as the center of my living room all weekend so that I could admire it. Hopefully this is the start to a more crafty Julie. Just had to share my little project. Madelyn is going to love it :)

6 comments:

  1. I don't sew, but I made one too when Max was born...pretty easy! There isn't really much decor you can do for a boy though! And Madelyn in a darling name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you, my little Julie is growing up so quickly:) I don't know if I will ever be able to sew ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen these before and I LOVED it! Because then you have access to the handle. I might need the link to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name and I LOVE those carseats. I already have plans to make them for everyone I know who gets pregnant. First I need to learn to make them (send me the tutorial please!) Congrats on the last doctor appointment. Your little girl is very lucky, she will have the best parents. Can't wait to see more pictures of her stuff and of your little girl once she arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud! I knew you could do it. It turned out super cute. Your little girl will look even more darling in that car seat :)

    ReplyDelete